19 Sep Perfect First Dance Music for Different Types of Couples
The first dance of a wedding is the most peculiar of the wedding rites. Most of us are not practised dancers – most of us are not even good dancers! So the idea of standing in front of dozens of gawking guests while you awkwardly shuffle back and forth, hands on hips, fills many newlyweds with dread.
However, conversely, because the wedding day is so frenetic and non-stop, many couples find that the first dance is the only time in the entire day when they get to be with their other half. It’s just the two of you in close quarters, and you have three to four minutes in each other’s embrace to slow down for a moment and savour the occasion.
So, don’t be scared of stepping out onto the dance floor! It might be the highlight of your night. Just have fun and go for it!
Here are 17 songs for your first dance, based on the type of couple you are!
1. John Mayer – Who You Love
2. Air – Playground Love
3. Sarah Blasko – Perfect Now
4. Lou Reed – Perfect Day
Sweet and Loving
Of course, many couples won’t need any suggestions as they will have their own favourite romantic song which will make for a memorable first dance, but if you need recommendations, here are four sweet ones.
5. Jack Johnson – Better Together
6. Coldplay – Sparks
7. David Gray – This Year’s Love
8. Jewel – You Were Meant For Me
Obviously, there are millions and millions of love songs out there. To create a perfect atmosphere of love for all ages, try the older, vintage ones.
9. Al Green – Let’s Stay Together
10. Neil Young – Harvest Moon
11. Beach Boys – Surfer Girl
12. The Eagles – Love Will Keep Us Alive
13. The Mamas and the Papas – Dream A Little Dream Of Me
If you aim to tempt other guests up to fill the dance floor as quickly as possible, here are four feet-moving suggestions.
14. Barry White – My First, My Last, My Everything
15. Bee Gees – More Than a Woman
16. Bob Marley – Stir It Up
17. Heavy D – Now That We Found Love (from the movie HITCH)
Like this post?… Why not share it!